- Martin: [On the phone to Daphne, who's stuck at Niles' mansion] No, no, the storm's really bad, you shouldn't be driving in it anyway. No, you just spend the night there. Right, right. Goodnight, Daphne.
- Frasier: You told her to spend the night?
- Martin: Yeah. What's the problem?
- Frasier: Well, you know how Niles feels about her.
- Martin: Oh, relax, it's just another one of Niles' little crushes.
- Frasier: Oh, I suppose you're right, Niles is harmless enough. Besides, he'd never try anything with Maris in the house.
- Martin: Oh, Maris never made it back, she's stuck in Arizona.
- Frasier: I've gotta get Daphne out of there!
- Martin: Why?!
- Frasier: Why? My God, it's a recipe for disaster! You've got a vulnerable woman and an unstable man in a gothic mansion on a rainy night! The only thing missing is someone shouting 'Heathcliff!' across the moors.
Writer and reader of novels. "The truth of the matter is, you die, all you do is die, and yet you live, yes you live, and that’s no Harvard lie."